Wednesday, September 21, 2011

The Dance,,,

Someone once described labor and delivery as "A Dance between Mother and Baby". This was such a beautiful description to me, and it gave me a sense of peace. After all, I know how to dance so I knew I could do this.

Jeremiah 31...
Hope For Restoration
Long ago the Lord said to Israel:
“I have loved you, my people, with an everlasting love.
With unfailing love I have drawn you to myself.
4 I will rebuild you, my virgin Israel.
I will not forget the blind and lame,
the expectant mothers and women in labor.
A great company will return!
9 Tears of joy will stream down their faces,
and I will lead them home with great care.
They will walk beside quiet streams
and on smooth paths where they will not stumble.
12 They will come home and sing songs of joy on the heights of Jerusalem.
They will be radiant because of the Lord’s good gifts—
the abundant crops of grain, new wine, and olive oil,
and the healthy flocks and herds.
Their life will be like a watered garden,
and all their sorrows will be gone.
13 The young women will dance for joy,
and the men—old and young—will join in the celebration.
I will turn their mourning into joy.
I will comfort them and exchange their sorrow for rejoicing.
14 The priests will enjoy abundance,
and my people will feast on my good gifts.
I, the Lord, have spoken!”

As I read thru this verse, I was in awe. The Lord brought life into this verse a year ago this month when my mother in law was sentenced to 10 years in prison. She and I both were given this verse, which in and of itself was a miracle. One that is still unfolding before our eyes. For over a year now she has been faithfully pursing the Lord. She is amazing, and I can't express to you how it saddens me to be approaching this monumental moment in our life, with her worlds away. As sad as this makes me, I can take joy in the fact that I have seen her be transformed from the inside out. We have witnessed what we thought was impossible. Because, with God... ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE! With all the adversity she has faced, and that her past brought into our lives to face with her... she has become the mother, friends and woman that God ALWAYS intended. Angela- I know you will read this, I want you to know that as I am laboring for the life of my child. You have labored for 18 months now, for new life. And God has brought forth the radiant glow in you that you so earnestly searched for. I am so proud of who you are, and the mother you have become to your two sons, and to me. And for the investment you have made into my little boy, and you haven't even gotten to feel him move. Yet, you have been here, in my heart the whole journey. I love you so much and I can't wait to share life with you. You are worthy, you are valuable, you are acceptable. And NEW LIFE has been birthed in you. It's time for you to Dance.

You see, I believe that God will speak to us, everywhere we look if we allow him. Tonight for instance, he is bringing to mind thru my labor, the dreams and visions he has for his people. He promises joy in the morning. He promises hope for our future. HE promises comfort and rest for the broken and weary. And all he ask from us is to bring forth our PRAISE. In our praise, he will give us rest. My son's name means Praise. We chose that name, because it fits divinely with the testimony of his existence. We were told we weren't likely to have children. BUT GOD. God is good, and faithful and every time I look at my little boy, I will remember to PRAISE. Tonight, I am made aware of his unconditional love for me once again. There has been many times thru the past 9 months I have been so confused as to where God was in my life! I had so many struggles, just as I will endure thru this process of labor. But the end result is LIFE & JOY! I believe that everything he has allowed me to walk thru has been for such a time as this. To prepare me to believe in myself and in his strength and mercy for me. To rest in him when it seems impossible. I have control issues, this has been made very apparent to me this past season. And from day 1 of this pregnancy, I have known God wanted to do something great in me thru the process of giving birth. The revelation that is flowing forth from this time with him tonight is this; pain is short lived. He allows us to endure pain and struggle to teach us courage and to test our faith. He allows us to walk thru the fire, but protects us from being burned. He is FOR US! In everything, he wants us to praise him, because he is worthy. And his plan is for peace and hope in our hearts, minds, body and souls. The closer that the labor pains get together, the more intense they get. I believe this is a reflection of the growth and stretching he desires for his people. Not for pain, but for perseverance, for faith, for dependency on him. The closer we get to that LIFE we are in trusted with, be in a baby, or a calling... the labor intensifies. The struggles multiply. But the rest is still readily available. It's offered freely, and up to us to call upon.

Tonight, I call upon you father. I lay here in total dependency on you. I cry at your holiness, and bow to your worthiness. You are so sovereign, and I trust you with this birth. God, your plans are for peace and joy for me and Jude tonight. I stand in that, and I claim over us right now the redemption you have offered to me on Calvary. God you said that you have come to bring us life and life more abundant. You didn't say it would be easy, but you said you would never leave us. So tonight I ask that you would remove all fear and anxiety. That you would flood your peace and understanding over me right now! Jesus give me a supernatural rest in you. Cover me and Jude with your promises and the blood you shed to protect me. God I will remember to call upon you in the midst of the valleys and praise you for the moments of pain, because I might not have had the chance to experience it at all without your healing in my body. Jesus, I lay down all my fears and anxiety at your feet. I will trust you to be near to me in the hours of need. I will not feel alone, I will draw my strength and courage from you first before anyone. Help me keep my eyes on you. And when I am weak or weary, bring your throne room to me Father, so that I may touch the hem of your robe. Hem me in on every side, go before me and stand behind me Jesus. You are good Lord, I give you praise. I give you praise tonight God. You are so worthy, you are so holy and I love you for your goodness, I love you for your promises, I love you because you are my daddy, my friend, my comforter, and more than all, the one that I can call on that will never leave or forsake me. In your precious name! Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment