Monday, March 1, 2010

21 Days

Day 1~

“In those days I, Daniel, was mourning three full weeks. I ate no pleasant food, no meat or wine came into my mouth, nor did I anoint myself at all, till three whole weeks were fulfilled.” Daniel 10:2, 3

Today we start a 21 day quest for clarity, revelation and a love encounter from our Father. As we begin this Daniel Fast we find it really important to record the special moments we share with God. We have no expectations, but we have much expectancy of what Father is going to do in our hearts, minds and lives in the next 21 days. We are seeking answers on theories that surround us, we are searching for truth. Our heart is to seek God with a pure heart for his direction for us as well as for a clear vision on what CHURCH means to him. For us, we have hardened our hearts because of the religious spirit that hovers over our common churches today. We are sick of being pew warmers, and are ready to start pushing the limits of what is comfortable. We desire to do this with a pure heart and not one that has become stone like because of the flesh of man. Our fast means different things for us both. For my husband, he is seeking direction for the gifts and the call God has placed on his life. He is seen a tremendous amount of growth in himself and is ready for a bigger glimpse into God's plans for his future. I know it is bright and I trust God's promise of HOPE in his final outcome. As for me, I think I am focused on 2 main things. The church, what part of what we do today is actually God's command, and what part is mans idea of how it should be! How do we stop just GOING to church and start BEING the Church. And how can we be used in the Kingdom of God, without being confined to a structure, walls, a building. That is not church. That is not the house of God. WE... the Daughters and Sons of God, the body of Christ, WE are the Church. I want to understand what went wrong, what got lost in translation and how to do church right! More importantly, I want a love encounter with Jesus. This seems somewhat silly because the past few years have really just been one encounter after another for me. But I am never satisfied with "some or most" of God. I want ALL of him, EVERYTHING that I can possibly fathom in my earthly existence. I want to long to be in his presence. I want to feel broken so that he can make me a humble servant. I want to feel challenged so that I can be a seeking warrior of the word of God. I want to him... all of him that he will give me! I want to have a passion, a longing to understand the word of God. I want to be relentless in my pursuit for freedom in Christ Jesus. And I want to know, at the end of the day what, how and where he wants me to be used in his kingdom. I don't require these answers to move forward, but i will be seeking for direction on what is next for me and my family.
These are just a few things we will be searching our hearts for these next 21 days.... and forever.

Someone once told me "Don't think of fasting as a way to get something FROM God, but rather... just to get more OF GOD"

In the coming weeks, you will see a glimpse into the things that God is revealing to us. You will see the walls he is tearing down in us. You will see a transformation in our hearts. I know this because the word says that if you believe that a mountain will move, then it shall move. I speak life into our situation, I declare that we will see God heal, speak and direct us in the coming weeks. I choose to be a water walker, to get out of the boat, to get off the cozy pew, to get out of my pretty building I call church and to DO something in the Kingdom of GOD, to make a difference in THE CHURCH known as the hurting, hungry, cold and lost children of God. I will put aside, social status, denomination and spiritual perfection and I will just love unconditionally like the word says in Romans. "Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good." ~Romans 12:9

"I was called to be free" Galations 5:13

1 comment:

  1. can I just say a biiiig AMEN to this???? So awesome ! I will be praying and interceding for you guys too - and for us all that you say there. What is cool is that I feel like God has been saying the same thing to me in a way - and some of this is what I wanted to talk about at FTS breakfast. Life is too short to just go to your life groups or church and be "filled up" - that is good and needed but He gives us SO much - His love He puts in my heart is OVERFLOWING!!! I need to splash that love on everyone I come in contact with. Like you said - start being the church and not just in the church. Everywhere I go. I am excited to share this journey with you guys!

    ReplyDelete