Thursday, March 4, 2010

"Meet me at the GATE"

It was cold, dark and really late. I was in hunt TX on the "ranch" with my Fellowship of the Sword sisters on the 2nd event I attended "Radiance". This event was all about ministering TO God. As I sat by a wood burning fire at about 3 am pursing God with a vengeance, I heard him say "meet me at the gate". It was only a few hours before that I had sat in the upper room with a couple of leaders praying out the spirit of fear that has plagued my life for many years. I said "um, no. It's WAY to scary out there... the gate is super far away, your not asking me to do that... this is all in my head". I heard him say again" Grab your sword, and meet me at the Gate". I sat there for a minute contemplating what to do... I spoke quietly to the other ladies that were sitting near "Hey yall, do any of you feel like God is calling you to the front gate?".... in unison it was a "NO, NOPE, it's all you girl". I was like, well crap. I am not going. It is way to dark and scary. A firm voice from one of my sisters arose from the silence, she said "didn't you just ask God to deliver you from fear? Well, he is giving you an opportunity to be brave". She was right, and I hated it. I grabbed my sword (yes, I am armed) and I started the very long walk to the gate. I heard all of the girls behind my snickering and cheering me on quietly from the fire. As I got closer to making the corner around the side of the house and the fire began to dim from the distance, I began to be petrified with fear. I said "Lord, this isn't you, I know this fear isn't from you. Why are you asking me to walk all the way out here?" He said "I have something I need you to do at the gate!" As I neared the gate the fear began to disappear. I felt this gust of wind that I knew was the holy spirit behind me. I heard the Lord say "STOP." I was not quite at the gate, I was about 7 feet away. I asked "Why do you want me to stop here, I still have more to go?" He said "Like Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son Isaac for me, I wanted to test your willingness to sacrifice for me at a moments notice" Then he said "draw your sword". I said back to him "your kidding right?" With a bit of laughter I was obedient and I drew my sword. He said "You are armed and ready for battle, you are a warrior for me and on the front lines of my army, I am your rear guard and I will protect you from the back, but I need you to be strong and courageous. I need you to be willing to serve on the front lines. I am calling you to the gate to fight for your freedom, and the freedom of your family and those I put in your path. Continue to face forward, never turn back, for I will always be behind you, I will always have your back. Focus in on the enemy in front of you like a sniper and use the weapon I have entrusted you with to fight for my people. Do this for my glory." As I stood with my sword raised high and tears rolling rapidly off my face, it all made sense. It's actually ironic, the reason I was awake at that late hour was because I was called to fight spiritual warfare during that time. I guess I would have been pretty worthless at fighting off the enemy's attacks if I bought into his lies that I should be too scared or too weak to encounter his evil spirits. By taking me all the way out to that gate, God showed me that HE has called me to be a gatekeeper. And I can NOT live in fear to hold that title.

I met him at the Gate, I encountered the LOVE of God at the gate. I received a mantle from Father at the gate.

The GATE is VERY important to me. I had to tell you the story about the original encounter I had with Father at the gate because since then, I have had SO much revelation about my position at the gate. I've even had MORE encounters with him at THAT actual gate since that time. I will be sharing these stories because they are some of the most awesome God encounters I have ever had. I actually think the name of my 1st book will be called "Meet me at the Gate".

Be encouraged, if God calls you to a dark scary gate in the middle of the night, just do what he says. I promise he has a purpose that will ROCK your SOCKS off!!!

"I was called to be Free" ~ Galatians 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment