Tuesday, March 23, 2010

LIVE FREE




Jason and I have made a choice to pursue FREEDOM with a vengeance. We are relentless in our pursuit after Fathers abundant life for us. We believe that we have a personal choice to be or to not be, free. We also know that are flesh is always going to push us to be in chains of un-forgiveness, bitterness, idolatry, entitlement... sin. When our flesh meets our spirit, we make a choice. Will we accept the plee from the enemy to hold out our wrist to be placed in chains? Or will we look the enemy square in the face, unsheathe our swords and wage war on him to bring home the victory to our Father? That is the choice. So many times in our lives, we let our flesh win because we are so worn down and weary that we don't have it in us to fight to be free from the enemy's attempts of temporary fulfilment. I have been brought to a place where I can actually feel the collision of my spirit and my flesh meet. And when this happens, it actually is a normal reaction to act in the flesh. Knowing that is my human nature, when I face moments where these two meet, I just take a moment to step back and "pass it to the spirit". When we face moments when we let our flesh win, we must get back up again and trust God will use it for the good. "We are pressed on every side by troubles, but we are not crushed and broken, we are perplexed but we do not give up and quit, We are hunted down, but God never abandons us, we get knocked down but we get up again and keep going"~ 2 Corinthians 4:8-10 This being said, the reason why i love this picture is because Jason and I are doing life together, and we are keeping each other in chains of grace by fighting for both our freedom and the freedom of each other. We only get to do life once, we have to make the choice to LIVE FREE!!!!

~I was called to be free. ~ Galatians 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment