Sunday, March 7, 2010

Clarification...

I just want to clarify something so that my heart is heard thru what was a passionate spew on "The Church" in a moment of annoyance.

The thing about blogging that is the most important to me is to watch myself grow, see God work in my life, and record the special moments I share with him thru this journey we call "Life". Most importantly it is to be humble and to stay transparent. And because of the written evidence of the "blog", I have the ability to go back and see when I am wrong, out of line or when i need an attitude adjustment. Staying pure in heart has been the objective all along. This blog is not intended to word vomit my frustration at people, places or things... but rather to uplift, encourage and inspire people. And if that is not the purpose behind it, it is simply just for myself so that I can track my walk with God.

So let me clarify something I said in a previous blog. I referred to a pretty harsh statement said by the Kings when they arrived in Texas. "I hate Church"... this being the statement that was used for shock value to wake us up. This was not their heart, however, if you didn't know them, or you didn't know their amazing heart to see the body of Christ live in GRACE then you might mis-read what they mean. They came with a passion to see church done differently. Not to hate on the church. I used this statement to validate that I have caught the bug. Not to hate, be angry, rebel ect. against the body of Christ. That is NEVER my intention, nor was it theirs. My heart is that we see the body get uncomfortable and share the gospel of Christ the way it was intended to be shared. I LOVE God's people, and God's people are the CHURCH. WE are the Church. So, I LOVE the Church. Let that not be confused with my irritation of being complacent Christians. Which I myself have been for many years. Until the past few years, especially the last year I just simply misunderstood what it is I was supposed to be doing, and how I was supposed to live. I was bound by the law, and I was tied to a list of duties and works that would validate me as a believer.
That is the hovering spirit that I have gone to battle with. The spirit of legalism. Not all of the church carries this spirit, and I shouldn't sum us all into one category. There are people in the body of Christ that get the new covenant we have made with Christ and those are the people I want to join forces with so that we can get up off the pew and get in the kingdom of lost and broken people to share the LOVE of God.

But how can they call on him to save them unless they believe in him? And how can they believe in him if they have never heard about him? And how can they hear about him unless someone tell them? And how will anyone go and tell them without being sent? That is why the scripture say "how beautiful are the feet of messengers who bring good news" Romans 10:14-15

What my heart has tried to convey and admittedly in a arrogant way, is simply what this verse claims. I want to BE how they hear, and I want to answer the call to be SENT into the kingdom to share the good news. I want to have "beautiful feet". And quite honestly, where my hot head gets involved is my frustration that some believers are really just comfortable where they are and have shown no real follow thru with being the messengers. That doesn't give me the right to judge them. And for doing so I am sorry.

Don’t just pretend to love others. Really love them. Hate what is wrong. Hold tightly to what is good. Love each other with genuine affection, and take delight in honoring each other. Never be lazy, but work hard and serve the Lord enthusiastically. Romans 12:9-11

This verse is the MOTHER verse in our lives. Thanks to the heart of Chris and Amanda, and their desire to impregnate this into our hearts over a year ago... this philosophy, this proclamation, this scripture, has been birthed in us. I know that I have used this verse as ammunition towards the church. Accusing them, if just in my heart of pretending to love people. But what the Lord is showing me is that I am held accountable to REALLY loving the CHURCH... not pretending to love them. My desire is to see the Church overcome the convenience of being a "lazy christian" and to work heard to serve God with enthusiasm. I can not however force feed this to the body of believers. I can only walk it out myself, and hope that those around me will see the freedom that comes when you are living as a servant of Christ.

I hope that this clarifies my heart on this matter. And although I don't apologize for praying the lazy out of us... I do apologize for the judgement placed upon the body of Christ.

"I was called to be free" ~ Galatians 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment