Thursday, March 4, 2010

A Call to DOVE.

I noticed today that It is so easy for me to jump to defend the underdog. I also get passionate about my feelings towards religiosity. And by "passionate" I am pretty sure that can be interpreted as "on a soap box". (Hints the title of this blog) The deal is, I have made myself VERY clear of my feelings towards the "religious spirit" of the Church, Today, the Lord brought it to my attention that my clarity could actually be the downfall of a potential follower. If I can be SO loud, strong, confident and bold towards my annoyance of man made religion, WHY am I NOT using my voice to share the gospel. If I only have one hour with someone, am I really going to spend that time of life and death talking about my "views" on Church... aka ON A SOAP BOX. My soap stunk today, and I am ashamed. Thank God for grace.

I encounter a lot of stinky soap. I really do, and I could tell you for hours how mad it makes me to hear people on a "soap box" about how you should dress up for church or that dancing is of "the devil". But if I am so grossed out at the smells coming from that direction that I get on my own stinky soap box about MY feelings. Then really, I am just judging people for judging people. That isn't what I want to be. I want to live by and IN grace. And I have to remember that some people smell. And it's quite ironic how in the natural, I am called to love on smelly people (meaning: people who aren't your typical "church going" God loving, bible reciting, worship singing, dress up for church kinda folks.) And i am pretty sure I have stated in a previous blog that the supernatural and the natural usually coincide. So maybe I should switch to dove. I hear it's the symbol for peace... and it smells pretty awesome.

"I was called to be free" ~ Galatians 5:13

1 comment:

  1. i need a thumbs up on your blog ... "amy likes this" :)

    ReplyDelete