Wednesday, March 10, 2010

*DETOX*

My mind has been chasing down a string of thoughts for a few days now, i am pretty sure now is the time to try and form words to express these thoughts. It all started when it became very apparent that Jason and I were both fading quickly. As our fast near an end we began to feel lift less, tired, run down, emotional, moody and most of all... just flat empty. Physically speaking of course. Spiritually, we felt stronger, wiser, more equipped and the clarity we sought out, has definitely been fulfilled. This began to resound in my heart that there was something between the natural and super natural that coincided. As I have pondered these thoughts for a few days, this is what I have concluded; our body needs fuel to run properly as our spirits need God to run properly. This being the entity that makes a fast prevalent in our lives. When we sacrifice our fleshly needs and desires to seek food for our bodies... more than likely we will find ourselves with very full spirits. Allow me to try and make sense of my thoughts by giving you an example that I thought of today. It's like if protein represented Jesus in our diet. So, when we do with out the meat, the substance to our daily intake EVEN if we are eating fruits and veggies (representing say, good books and good teaching tapes) we begin to decline in our energy level. At first, we did great... the fruits and veggies were a really good source of nutrients for us. Just like if you are reading good christian books and listening to great teachings on line that is a great source of growing in your walk with God. It can actually be a healthy thing for your life. However, the same way that after a few days of no meat you begin to become sleepy and lazy, this might happen when you replace the intimacy with Jesus with a book or a tape. What I realized is detoxing physically is a pretty gross thing. If you no what I mean. The toxins come out of you one way or another. So, physically, you are allowing your body the opportunity to remove toxins from places it doesn't belong and you are also becoming more and more dependent on water to be your source to replace the lack of protein. So, what does the water represent? I would ask you this question. For me, I think the water acts as the thing that we try to utilize to overcompensate for the lack of protein. Some would say I have it backwards and Jesus should represent the water ... i say, give me a break people, i am trying to bring it home. The lord showed me that no matter how much water i drank, it couldn't replace the substance in my life. He revealed to me what the "water" in my life was. Meaning, what I used to try avoid the lack of him in my life. In this fast, he showed me that when I am on empty, I have to depend on him, nothing else. "My God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus,” Philippians 4:19.

There is no coincidence that is so happens when you fast you naturally detox. I be live that this is your body's way of physically representing what is happening in the supernatural. I totally feel like my spirit has let go of some toxins during this fast and both my spirit and my body are in a healthier place because of it. Even though physically I have been really wrecked the last few days, I think it is because God is trying to show us that sometimes, we have to be willing to get wrecked for the sake of his Glory in our outcome. We were willing to be submissive to his will in our lives, even if it looked pretty nasty along the way. We sought him for clarity and he delivered. We feel like this fast has been for a lot more reasons than we even knew. He is good, ALL the time, and he has revealed a glimpse of his promise to us. It is through an obedient faith that we have access into the grace of God! Romans 5:2.

Tonight on my way home I was pretty broken before the Lord. I was faced with the very wounds that caused me to fast in the 1st place, and in this I asked the Lord WHY did I feel released from this fast NOW. I asked him to confirm that it was not because of my flesh. I asked him to give me a clear answer of what he wanted out of me. I believe that he spoke to my heart and said "there is a reason that tonight is the night you will break fast, you will receive the promise i have given you for this fast tonight". I asked him again and again and I continue felt that he told me that, he loved me, he was proud of me and that he indeed felt that it had been fulfilled, for now. I was led to this verse "But if any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God, who gives to all liberally and without reproach; and it will be given to him,” James 1:5; I didn't know what the promise was at that time, but after dinner, we had a divine appointment with two of our friends that we have been walking thru the fire with these past few weeks. God was soverign, there was healing and restoration. And the promise was delivered. He is good, ALL the time. When they left, Jason and I knew that if for no other reason was it all for that, it was worth it. So much more I could write about, but i will save for another blog.

I will leave you with this, detoxing is uncomfrotable, it is sometimes painful. It causes weakness and tiredness. It says in Hebrews 12:10-11 But God’s discipline is always good for us, so that we might share in his holiness. 11 No discipline is enjoyable while it is happening—it’s painful! But afterward there will be a peaceful harvest of right living for those who are trained in this way. But the best part is that we become clean and holy so that we can be filled up with all of the amazing promises and hope our Father has for us. I appreciate Daniel for his strength and comitment to the lifestyle he lived. One of the most awesome revelations I have had is just that, it was a lifestyle. I am commited to a lifestlye that includes fasting. I now can say, I get it. I have total confidence in the process. It has set me free in some areas and I can't wait until the next time it's time for a DETOX!

“You allowed men to ride over our heads. We went through fire and through water, But you brought us to the place of abundance,” Psalms 66:12.

"I was called to be free" ~ Galatians 5:13

No comments:

Post a Comment